IUBio

Sequencing bacterial genomic DNA

MadMicrobe MadMicrobe at aol.com
Tue May 19 18:10:43 EST 1998

Hi Fellow sequencers,

I attended a PE 37X sequencing conference the other day , they suggested that
direct bacterial genome sequencing was possible.  I have been trying this
since the BIG dyes came out, but I haven't had much luck. PE suggested a
protocol which should work (I'm in the process of trying it out) but I am
wondering if anyone out there has tried automated sequencing directly from
bacterial genome ?  If so have you had success ?

If anyone has succeeded and has any tips, I would be very grateful to know
them !!.

Mad Microbiologist

(e-mail:-   jrussell at nibsc.ac.uk)