IUBio

Faint signals on the ABI 377's

James Brayer brayer at mpi.com
Tue May 5 14:16:52 EST 1998

I was wondering if anyone has correlated low signal strength on the ABI
377's to elevated temperatures in the
room in which the ABI's are running.  We have observed decreased signal
strength on our gels over the past month.  We do not believe that it is
an issue with our chemistry because we run a control size standard in
each lane of the gel and are seeing a reduction in the peak height of
the ss as well.  We think that the CCD may be heating up and resulting
in sub-optimal performance.  Please let me know if you have any
insights.

Jim Brayer
Millennium Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Supervisor, Genotyping Production