Taq-FS falls off?

Elizabeth Boulding boulding at uoguelph.ca
Sun Mar 29 07:08:42 EST 1998

Hi there,
  We are enjoying our ABI 377 sequencer but have encountered a
problem with some regions of the Japanese scallop mitochondrial
genome that are very GC rich.  What happens is that the sequence
is beautiful up to a point and then it falls off.  We have redone
the reaction as a two step reaction (94oC) then (60oC) and the
sequence stops again at exactly the same place.  We also tried a
three step reaction (94oC), then (60oC for 15 seconds) then 68oC.
Does anybody have any suggestions?
best, Liz Boulding.
Dr. Elizabeth Grace Boulding
assistant professor
Dept. of Zoology
University of Guelph
Guelph, ON
N1G 2W1
Canada
telephone: (519) 824-4120 (x4961)
FAX: (519) 767-1656
email: boulding at uoguelph.ca

summer address between May 1st-July 31st.
Bamfield Marine Station
Bamfield, B.C.
VOR 1BO
Canada
Bamfield Marine Station secretary: (604) 728-3301
FAX: (604) 728-3452
email: boulding at uoguelph.ca