Jobs in St. Louis!

Rick Wilson rwilson at alu.wustl.edu
Wed Mar 4 13:03:22 EST 1998

The Genome Sequencing Center (http://genome.wustl.edu/gsc) at
Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis is a world leader
in large-scale DNA sequencing, having so far produced over 70 MB of
genomic sequence data and 1 million expressed sequence tags.  In the
last year, we submitted to GenBank over 20 Mb of the human genome and
look forward to doubling that number in the coming year.  In addition
to human genome sequencing, we are pursuing additional research
projects aimed at other metazoan, plant and bacterial genomes,
full-length cDNA sequencing and the development of new software tools
and new technologies for genome analysis and DNA sequencing.

Positions are currently available for Senior Staff members with
expertise in molecular biology, large scale DNA sequencing, genome
mapping and/or cDNA library construction.  Successful candidates will
possess a Ph.D. and at least 0-2 years of relevant postdoctoral work.
Experience in small group management will be a plus.  Direct inquires
to:

Dr. Richard K. Wilson, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Genetics, Co-Director
Genome Sequencing Center
4444 Forest Park Blvd., Box 8501
St. Louis, MO   63108   USA

Phone: (314) 286-1804  FAX: (314) 286-1810

rwilson at watson.wustl.edu