IUBio

Bind silane and 48 well combs

Alison Brown abrown at well.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 22 14:29:55 EST 1998

We have recently had our ABI 377's upgraded to run 48 and 60 lanes and so
are starting to use 48 well square tooth combs.  I was given a recipe for a
silane solution which would stop the wells breaking when removing the fine
comb.  I've tried out the recipe and it causes very bad sticking of the gel
to the glass plates after the gel has been run.  I thought silane prevented
sticking?  Does anyone out there use silane in this way - if so I need your
help.

Thanks in advance,
Alison Brown