IUBio

MJ Thermalcycler alternatives???

Eric C. Buxton buxton at lexgen.com
Tue Jan 13 19:27:34 EST 1998

After purchasing 5 Tetrads and being totally unimpressed with their
reliability (4/5 have required chassis replacement and all 5 have suffered
from bad Alpha units in under a year's worth of use-one failed after a
month).  The only positive aspect is that MJ supplies loaners.  In a few
instances, however, their loaners failed before our units were returned.
With 5 units, it becomes difficult to keep track of all the RMAs at once. I
wonder if anyone has any suggestions for a more robust system. Are there any?
Anyone have recommendations? TIA

Eric

Eric C. Buxton, Ph.D.
Lexicon Genetics, Inc.