IUBio

automated sequencing of genomic dna

Jean-Michel Jean-Michel
Wed May 21 15:51:10 EST 1997

At Visible Genetics, we have a technology called CLIP that can be used
to get sequence straight from genomic DNA.  CLIP is sensitive enough to
get sequence with 1000 copies of template.  These sequence can be read
with our automated DNA sequencer.  They could also be run on other
sequencer, provided that the sequence is labeled with the proper label.

We can sequence parts of various gene (P53, RB1) straight from a genomic
human DNA prep. (DNA from blood).  No PCR or other amplification
required before sequencing.
| Jean-Michel Lacroix, Ph.D., Project Manager - Inf. Diseases  |
| Visible Genetics Inc.                              _________ |
| 700 Bay Street, Suite 1000                         |       | |
| Toronto, Ontario  M5G 1Z6 CANADA                   |      /| |
| Tel: (416) 813-3260 ext: 4883                      ---   / | |
| Fax: (416) 813-3250                  ////          |  \ /  | |
| E-Mail: lacroix at visgen.com     _ooOo_( )_oOoo_     |__/____| |