IUBio

Leaky gel pouring device

Skip Vaught, Catalina Apostol, Brian Coullahan, and Mark Skip Vaught, Catalina Apostol, Brian Coullahan, and Mark
Fri Jul 18 17:15:46 EST 1997

>Hi is there anyone out there using a gel pouring device from PE-ABI (we
>have a 377-18 sequencer)?
>I have one which has developed a tendency to leak - anyone have the same
>problems? Any suggestions?
>
>Aviva

Aviva,

May I suggest trying a gel casting device called the "Otter" from Owl
Scientific Inc. We use it for 36 cm as well as 48 cm plates. Leaking and
bubbles are no longer a problem. My gel casting phobia is gone forever!

Skip
DNA Sequencing Service
University of Arizona