IUBio

Lost GS data!

Agnes Tay mcbtayhn at leonis.nus.sg
Fri May 10 04:00:55 EST 1996

Hi
We have recently had 2 occasions where our Genescan data was lost at the
end of the run when the Mac suddenly quit GS while preprocessing the data
collected. On one occasion the error message was something about memory, on
the other I was not around to see the error message itself but the data was
similarly lost. We've never had this problem before, but it seems specific
to Genescan version ( run on 373A) as the sequencing people have no such
problem. Also, there was one gel that was processed and analysed normally
in between the 2 that were lost. Has anyone had this problem before?
Thanks
Agnes