ALf express

Dr Toni Whistler TONIW at niv.ac.za
Sun Mar 17 05:54:19 EST 1996

We have just recently purchased the ALF-express and I am a little at
sea as to getting things going. The machine is running well using
cy5-labelled primers  and sequencing off plasmid. The majority of the
sequencing done in this department is off PCR products, using the
incorporation of cy5-dATP.
My main complaint so far is the very poor literature that goes with
this machine .... protocols are scarce.
I have several questions.
1) Sequencing PCR product, I need to make it ss-ed. Asymmetric PCR or
ExoI digestion.
2) Clean up of ssDNA, what is the best method.
3) What sort of concentrations of template (450bp to some of 1600bp)
is used, what are the primer concentrations.

I would appreciate any and all advise. If anyone has protocols they
use in their lab, these would be most appreciated.
Thanks
Toni

*********************

    Toni Whistler, PhD