IUBio

Type 4 error

AMY TUCKER 1865atuck at umbsky.cc.umb.edu
Wed Jul 10 13:05:34 EST 1996

Dear Sequencers

I'm doing sequencing and genescan on a 377.  After my last sequencing run
the Sequencing Analysis application stopped unexpectedly due to a type 4
error.  Only the first 8 lanes were analyzed.  If I try to open the Gel File
it automatically starts tracking and extracting data until the type 4 error
pops up and the analysis is terminated.  When I try to open any lane after
the first 8 the error log opens and reads,"-10023of a program error."  I've
tried reanalyzing with Custom Settings and GelDoc II(to rebuild gel) without
success.  The only way I can see the gel image is by opening the Gel File
as a collection gel in Genescan, but this software will not analyze the lanes.

Thanks in advance

Amy
Amy Tucker                                  e-mail: 1865atuck at umbsky.cc.umb.edu
Department of Biology                                     Phone: (617) 287-6643
University of Massachusetts, Boston                         fax: (617) 287-6643
100 Morrissey Blvd
Boston MA  02125