competence

Donald Hansen hansenda at dgabby.mfldclin.edu
Wed Jan 13 00:50:35 EST 1999

AAA and ASHA may be doing battle in court to insure that I am certified and competent in Audiology. I have a degree in Audiology from an accredited University program. I am certified by ASHA. I am a member of AAA. I am a member of ADA. I am licensed to sell and fit hearing aids.  I am licensed in Audiology. I will be required to have CEUs for renewal of my license. I am a member of my State and National Professional Associations. All these papers and certificates cost me money.  Now another organization wants some of my money to certify that I am competent.  All this in a profession that pays little and offers few opportunities.  I may just be getting "competentized" to bankruptcy. Don't tell ASHA or AAA to stop arguing about us, just tell them to leave us alone. I can't afford anymore competence!

Don Hansen, MS,CCC-A,FAAA
Marshfield Wisconsin