Arsenal herbicide on Loblolly Pines

Brad bdmckee at hotmail.com
Mon May 27 20:39:04 EST 2002

I have a small area planted to Loblolly Pines, (planted in Feb of this
year), and I did not get good weed control prior to the planting as I
should have. Anyway, a week ago I strip sprayed over the trees with
Arsenal herbicide to control grasses such as fescue and other
broadleaves labeled for control. After a week I can tell of no effect
by the herbicide. The label states growth is stopped very quickly but
visible effects of the herbicide may take several weeks.

Have any of you used this herbicide to give me an idea of what to
expect and how soon?? Also, for future plantings, what do any of you
suggest site prep that will give good residual control of vegetation
within tree plantings??

Thanks in advance.

Brad