timber prices

Robert Steinmetz steinmet at crl.com
Sun May 1 18:26:54 EST 1994

David Lloyd-Jones (david.lloyd-jones at canrem.com) wrote:

: AH+does anyone out there know how to get hold of timer prices in Western
:   +industrial countries? I'm talking about the price you'd expect to be paid pe
:   +cubicmetre.  I immagine they'll be quite easily accessible, just
:   +haven't got a clou, how.
:
: Standard lumber prices are published every day in the Wall Street
: Journal, and other financial newspapers.

The Prices in the Financial Papers have vey little to do with what you
might expect to pay.  The best pricing  source for Softwood is either
Crow's or Random Lengths in Eugene, OR (I like Random Lengths better).
  For hardwoods The Hardwood Market Report is the best.
All are published weekly.

Bob Steinmetz
steinmet at clr.com