CDS tags....

Jean Thierry-Mieg mieg at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Mon Aug 28 03:09:58 EST 2000

no
if we keep everything nearly as is then the splicing gives a mrna
and the CDS must be (as it is now) in spliced coordinates
it is meeningless biologically to give in in unspliced coords
although i agree it is nasty for the programmer

really we would need an additional levl of obj or ebe
even 2 leles

gen, mrna (the currnet ill named genes), CDS, protein