acedb for linux error

David M. Eisenmann eisenman at umbc.edu
Tue Dec 2 15:14:41 EST 1997

Hello,

I have Linux running on a PowerMac (mklinux) and I recently installed Acedb
4.5 from bin.linux.4_5e.tar.Z.  The install went OK, but I get the
following message when I type 'acedb'

/usr/acedb/bin/xace:  Exec format error.  Wrong Architecture.

My default shell is bash, but I got the same error message when I changed
it to csh.  Can somebody please let me know what is wrong here?  Thanks,

Dave Eisenmann
eisenman at umbc.edu