release V2.0 of IMAGE fingerprint analysis

fw at sanger.ac.uk fw at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Apr 21 05:45:06 EST 1994

Image is an integrated program for image analysis of physical
mapping fingerprint gels. This runs on Unix workstations
using X11 for display. It analyses scanned fingerprint gels,
finding lanes, extracting bands from lanes, and correcting
for gel distortion by aligning known standard marker lanes.
At each stage there are hand editing tools for correcting
errors. The output format can be read by the Contig9
fingerprint assembly routines being integrated into ACEDB.

The version 2.0 of IMAGE is now available.
Every function has been revised and if possible improved,
such as the user interface, handling of defaults, image
zooming, load/save of various image formats.
It also comes with a complete Unix man-page.

The package is available by anonymous ftp from rona.sanger.ac.uk
(193.60.84.39), in directory /pub/image.

Read the files README in /pub/image and the README's in the untarred
archive for further information.

There are also binaries for these systems -
  sgi-irix, sun-sparc, solaris, alpha-osf

When you get this email you're in my mailing list for image-users.
Mail me if other people want to be informed about updates or
if you want to be removed from the list.

Friedemann Wobus (fw at sanger.ac.uk)