[Yeast] Major secreted protein in yeast

Maria Costanzo via yeast%40net.bio.net (by Maria.Costanzo from stanford.edu)
Mon Aug 27 11:38:05 EST 2012

Dear John,

One approach is to search the Saccharomyces Genome Database for genes/proteins annotated to the Gene Ontology term "extracellular region" or to its child terms. You can do this easily with our YeastMine tool:

http://yeastmine.yeastgenome.org/yeastmine/begin.do

which allows you to create a list of those genes and then retrieve further information about them, such as molecular weight. Attached is the list of the genes currently annotated as secreted proteins in SGD with some of their protein properties. Please let me know if you have any questions about this or have any problems with the file.

Best regards,
Maria

Maria C. Costanzo, Ph.D.
Senior Biocurator