[Yeast] Major secreted protein in yeast

John McLaughlin via yeast%40net.bio.net (by johnmclaughlin48 from gmail.com)
Mon Aug 27 10:07:35 EST 2012

Dear Group,

   Besides invertase, what are the major secreted proteins from yeast?
 We are studying a protein extract from a yeast culture media that was
spun down to eliminate cells.  A Western was performed to check for
contamination of cell contamination (PGK1) and we did not detect the
marker.  We do detect an overexpressed plant protein that we are
studying in yeast and have found that it is secreted into the media
(confirmed by Western).  However, we see additional high molecular
weight bands that are not invertase on Coomassie stained gels and I
was wondering what they could be.  Any ideas or suggested literature
sources?

   Sincerely,

   John

--
John McLaughlin, PhD
Department of Plant Biology and Pathology (SEBS)