[Yeast] Best method available for Yeast cell lysis

Boopathi S via yeast%40net.bio.net (by sboopathi from gmail.com)
Tue Aug 16 03:29:02 EST 2011

Dear Members

Please kindly provide the information about the best method available today
to lyse the Yeast cell. We are using Pichia Expression system to express an
thermophilic enzyme. Pichia X-33 is used for the expression. I found in some
reference that the efficiency in using Glass beads for breaking the cell
wall is low when compared to Yeast extraction reagents. But we cant use the
Yeast Extraction Reagent due to the presence of deteregents which may affect
the enzyme activity and whether the sonication is a better choice over Glass
beads. Kindly help me in this regard.

Boopathi