[Yeast] Liquid media?

Thomas Davis via yeast%40net.bio.net (by tsdavis1 from gmail.com)
Fri May 22 17:08:33 EST 2009

Hi again everyone, and thanks for all the previous responses to my growth
rate question.

We have already tried to assess yeast growth rates using OD600 in TSB
(tryptic soy broth) media. We got rather spurious results, with the OD
jumping all over the place between measurements. What is the appropriate
liquid media to use for Pichia, Candida, and Saccharomyces?

We are worried that our previous dubious results may be due to using the
wrong kind of liquid media.

Once again, any advice on the appropriate media/technique would be greatly
appreciated.

 Thanks again,

 Seth Davis