[Yeast] Looking for an explanation

Weerasekera, Ranjuna via yeast%40net.bio.net (by ranjuna.weerasekera from marquette.edu)
Wed Feb 25 14:13:49 EST 2009

I'm expressing a plant cold responsive protein in yeast to study if the protein protects yeast during cold conditions.

The protein is predicted to be about 10kDa. But on my Western it is detected at about 15-21kDa, with multiple bands.

 Dose anyone have any good explanations for this phenomenon?

Thank you

RW