[Yeast] GAL4-DBD antibodies for immunofluorescence

Chang, Jennifer via yeast%40net.bio.net (by Jennifer.Chang from nyumc.org)
Thu Feb 19 17:32:26 EST 2009

Hello, All!

I am looking for antibodies against the GAL4-DBD to verify that my bait constructs are indeed nuclear-localized. My bait is in pGBKT7 (Clontech Matchmaker). None of the commercially available antibodies (Clontech, Abcam, Santa Cruz) for GAL4-DBD are verified for immunofluorescence. I was wondering if anyone has used a GAL4-DBD antibody for IF and how well it worked. I have several bait constructs so I am hoping that I can use one antibody to verify nuclear localization for all of them. I only have an antibody against one of my baits and it works weakly for IF.

Also, I would also welcome any comments, hints, suggestions, or advice on general yeast two-hybrid techniques (especially library transformation) prior to running my actual Y2H screen.

Many thanks in advance!
-Jennifer

P.S. I can be e-mailed at jennifer.chang from nyumc.org or at jennifer.chang02 from gmail.com

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is proprietary, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by return email and delete the original message. Please note, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The organization accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.