[Yeast] 6-azauracil

andreea from brc.hu via yeast%40net.bio.net (by andreea from brc.hu)
Fri May 16 07:41:10 EST 2008

Dear all,

Does anyone know if I can dissolve 6-azauracil in water? I found this
information in only one paper. The catalogue suggests to dissolve it
in NH4OH.
But when I dissolved it in NH4OH and after pouring the plates I
noticed that in the media there are small crystals as if it got
precipitated and of course my stain did not grow on those plates, but
it did on control plates.

Any suggestions or ideas are highly appreciated.
Thank you!
Andreea

Andreea Daraba
DNA Repair Research Group