[Yeast] Postdoc position at UC Berkeley

Rachel Brem via yeast%40net.bio.net (by rbrem from lego.berkeley.edu)
Mon Jun 16 14:05:24 EST 2008

The lab of Rachel Brem at the University of California, Berkeley seeks
outstanding candidates for postdoctoral positions in projects on systems
and network traits in yeast aging.  For one position, the incumbent
postdoctoral fellow will join a project on the yeast unfolded protein
response during aging.  The goal of the project is to identify genes that
mediate age-associated changes in the systems properties of this
biochemical pathway.  For a second position, the incumbent will screen the
yeast regulatory network for genes with age-dependent expression patterns,
with the goal of identifying novel determinants of aging phenotypes and
lifespan.

We are a young and flourishing lab in the Department of Molecular and Cell
Biology at Berkeley.  Our work draws on the wealth of scientific resources
on the Berkeley campus and in the Bay Area, and our postdoctoral fellows
benefit from an exceptional training environment in genetics, genomics,
systems biology, and applied statistics.  For more information about the
lab and a list of recent publications, see
http://mcb.berkeley.edu/faculty/GEN/bremr.html.

To apply, email a description of your research interests and your CV, and
have two recommendation letters sent, to rbrem at berkeley.edu.  Previous
experience with systems biology or genomics is a plus, but trainees with a
molecular biology or genetics background are encouraged to apply.

--
Rachel Brem
Assistant Professor of Genetics, Genomics and Development