[Yeast] retinoblastoma protein

Valerie Wood via yeast%40net.bio.net (by val from sanger.ac.uk)
Wed Jun 11 10:48:34 EST 2008

Not that I have found,
Also no result using YOGY which presents results from some of the main ortholog predictors
http://www.sanger.ac.uk/cgi-bin/PostGenomics/S_pombe/YOGY/yogy-search.pl

and none of the conserved domains are detected in any fungi (click on the 'species icon' from the domain links below to see the species distribution)

http://pfam.sanger.ac.uk/family?acc=PF01858
http://pfam.sanger.ac.uk/family?acc=PF01858
http://pfam.sanger.ac.uk/family?acc=PF08934

However I wouldn't rule it out 100%. We still find universally conserved proteins where the similarities have been overlooked. For example only this week  SPAC6F6.16c (previously orphan) was shown to be the ortholog of  human TPP1 PMID:18535244

Val