[Yeast] measuring respiration in cerevisiae

peter.mastrangelo from utoronto.ca via yeast%40net.bio.net (by peter.mastrangelo from utoronto.ca)
Sat Apr 21 10:24:48 EST 2007

   Dear Everyone,

   can anyone tell me if there is a way to monitor respiration in
yeast at any giving moment in a culture preferably using a
colourametric assay?  What I want to demonstrate is that certain
carbon sources in yeast media induce more respiration than others,
glucose vs. glycerol/lactate for example.  A related question is
whether there is a respiration index for different carbon sources in
yeast?

   Thanks,

   Peter

Peter Mastrangelo, Ph. D.,
Research Associate,
Centre for Research in Neurodegenerative Diseases,
Tanz Neuroscience Bldg,
University of Toronto,
6 Queen's Park Cres. West,
Toronto, Ontario, Canada.