[Yeast] ATG context

Camille Foucart via yeast%40net.bio.net (by camille.foucart At googlemail.com)
Fri Dec 15 07:31:20 EST 2006

Dear All,

when I design my primer to clone my gene in the pLex Ac vector (fusion in
Cterm) I didn,t put the AAAA sequence directly before the ATG codon. So my
ATG is in this context "aaaaagtgtaaca*atg*"
What is the importance of the sequence befros the ATG, and do you think it
could work even in such a context???
Thanks a lot for your answers

Camille