[Yeast] pPC86 cDNA HeLa cell library

yeast at iubio.bio.indiana.edu yeast at iubio.bio.indiana.edu
Mon Apr 25 15:00:59 EST 2005

Dear All,
I am a Visiting Fellow working in the LMGR at NICHD,NIH. I am using the
ProQuest Two-Hybrid system from Invitrogen in order to screen HeLa cell cDNA
library for cDNAs encoding proteins that interact with the human La protein.
I am using the ProQuest Pre-made cDNA HeLa cell library from Invitrogen.
After each whole scale transformation, I have bacterial contamination, which
comes from the DNA of the HeLa cell cDNA library. I am wondering if anyone
has the same problem and if so how to avoid the bacterial contamination of
DNA from the library. Also, it would be helpful if anyone has extra DNA from
cDNA HeLa cells library (pPC86) they are willing to share.

Thanks for your help and consideration,
I will appreciate for any advise regarding this problem.

Elena Schwartz, PhD
NICHD, NIH
6 Center Drive, MSC-2753
Bld 6, Rm 3A03