yeast complementation

[gb2312] shude yang sdyang68 at yahoo.com.cn
Fri Sep 5 02:51:00 EST 2003

Hello:

  If you have done some experiments related with yeast
complementation, please read this email and give your kind help to me.

  I have two strains of yeast: ABDE-1 (arg4-8, leu2-112, his7-2,
trp1-289, ade5 and cup1), FD236-6A (MATa, ura3-52, trp1 63, leu2 1,
his3 200, acr3-1::URA3 GAL2). I believe ABDE-1 and FD236-6A can not
grow on TRP-dropout medium plate, while FD236-6A can not grow on
URA-dropout plate as well.  But I found that it was not the
case. Since I use these two strains to isolate heterogeneous gene by
yeast function complementation, it take me into great trouble in
identifying positive clones. Please give me your advice. Can the yeast
with TRP1 OR URA3 mutation grow on the selective medium plate whenever
two many cells (such as a half or whole clone for once ) be transfered
onto the selective plate. Thank you.

sdyang

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net
subscribe:   mailto:biosci-server at net.bio.net and say: subscribe yeast