SGM Council Elections

Al Brown al.brown at abdn.ac.uk
Thu Jun 19 07:33:22 EST 2003

Dear Friends,

Those of you who are SGM members should have received ballot papers
for election of new SGM Council Members.  While I would hate to
influence your decision (!), I would like to point out that by voting
for Lorna Casselton and Iain Hagan you would be increasing the
likelyhood of raising the representation of Eukaryotic Microbiologists
on SGM Council.  Hopefully, you will have noticed the SGM symposia
organised by the new Eukaryotic Microbiology Group
[http://www.socgenmicrobiol.org.uk/meetings/MTGPAGES/UmistEuk.cfm].
Nevertheless, I would like to see more representation on Council with
a view to increasing further the relevance of the SGM to Eukaryotic
Microbiologists.

Best wishes,

Al

Alistair J P Brown