Lipid binding domain?!!!

francov francov at cellbnt.anat.med.ualberta.ca
Thu Jun 12 02:32:05 EST 2003

Hello all,
Could anyone tell me how to define experimentally a certain hydrophobic
domain of a polypeptide in yeast serve as anchors to the lipid particle
surface? In other terms how do i find if the protein i am working with has a
lipid bindidng ability? My other question is that what are the biologically
important lipids for a Saccharomyces cerevisiae grown in an oleic acid
containing medium?
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Thanks and regards,
Franco.

Franco J. Vizeacoumar,
Ph.D. candidate,
Dept. of Cell Biology,
Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry,
University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada.
Phone: 780 492 7407
email: francov at cellbnt.ualberta.ca
URL  : http://www.ualberta.ca/~francov

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net