matrix protein and yeast two-hybrid

HQ qianghao1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 9 12:36:04 EST 2003

Helo, I hope some people here in this forum familar with yeast
two-hybrid system. I am working on an extracellular protein and would
like to identify its interaction partners. I prefer yeast two-hybrid
approach but it is said that matrix molecule may not suit for the
screening since all the interactions happen inside the yeast cell.
However, several papers do describe the isiolation of the binding
proteins for matrix protein. Can anyone tell me what is chance to get
succeed? Or is there a modified two-hybrid system for matrix proteins?
Thanks!

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net