Sequence updates from SGD

Anand Sethuraman anand at genome.stanford.edu
Fri Jan 3 21:03:00 EST 2003

Hello,

	Chromosomal systematic sequences of Chr I, Chr II, Chr IV, Chr VII,
and Chr X have been recently updated by SGD.  Due to these sequence
updates, systematic sequences of the following ORFs have been changed in
SGD:   YAL014C, YAL023C, YDR325W, YDR494W, YBR086C, YBR098W, YBR100W,
YGL159W, YJL018W, and YJL019W.  These sequence changes have been
described in detail in the attached file sgd_seq_updates.txt.  These
details are also available online at:

					http://genome-www.stanford.edu/Saccharomyces/sequenceupdates.shtml

We are currently processing updates for Chr III, Chr VI, Chr XI, Chr
XIII, and Chr XV.  Many of these changes were reported to SGD by yeast
researchers, they have all been specifically acknowledged in the
attached file.  The remainder of the changes were re-sequenced by the
SGD project.  We acknowledge Katja Schwartz of the Botstein Lab for
excellent assistance.  Also, all these sequence updates have been
submitted to GenBank, or communicated to MIPS for them to update EU
regions.  We thank all the members of the yeast community for their
efforts to make the S. cerevisiae genome sequence as accurate as
possible.  Please e-mail yeast-curator (yeast-
curator at genome.stanford.edu)  if you have any questions or comments.

<File attached: sgd_seq_updates.txt>

Regards,
Anand
Anand Sethuraman Ph. D., Scientific Curator
Saccharomyces Genome Database
Department of Genetics
Stanford University School of Medicine
Stanford, CA 94305-5120