post doctoral postion-genomics/New Mexico

Margaret Werner-Washburne maggieww at unm.edu
Thu Sep 19 10:19:13 EST 2002

A post doctoral position is available immediately to work on NIH-funded project
(in year 1 of 4 years).  The project involves microarray analysis of
quiescent yeast cells. (Yes, they are alive and responsive!)  We have
everything in place for this project and a very broad-based laboratory
working on array analysis, including computational biologists and
statisticians.  I am looking for a student who has experience in molecular
biology, an aptitude for mathematics, is self motivated, and has a
passionate interest in using genomics in a great model system to understand
how cells work.  Preferably, the person will have good writing skills and an
avid interest in the literature.  Prior experience with microarrays is a
plus, but not necessary as long as the person has very good lab skills.
Prior experience working with yeast and/or in areas related to engineering and
computer science are also a plus.

If you know a student who would be interested, have them email me at
maggieww at unm.edu.  Fall is a great time to come to New Mexico.

Maggie Werner-Washburne
Professor, Biology
University of New Mexico