Stratagene Bacteriomatch

Thorsten Burmester t_burmester at yahoo.com
Wed May 29 09:28:07 EST 2002

Dear all,

Is there anybody out there who has some experience with the Stratagene
Bacteriomatch system? We have invested much work in establishing this
method here, but it appears to be a complete failure.

We only got false positives (clones not in the correct frame or mt
contaminants). The Stratagene customer service was not very helpful,
although they agreed to give us the money back (but not the 6 months of
work).

Did anybody ever succeed with this method or does anybody know a recent
paper that used this method?

TIA,

Thorsten

F'up bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts