Induction of Gal1 promoter on yeast lifts

Mark Worthington mtw3p at unix.mail.virginia.edu
Tue May 28 13:10:14 EST 2002

I searched the archives, but didn't find the answer.

I have a library in pYES2, for induction with galactose.  It would be ideal
to turn on expression of the cDNA on filter lifts, which would then be used
to assay for the desired phenotype.  I am aware of this being done in liquid
culture, but does anyone have or know of a protocol to do this on filters?

Our assumption is that the protein expressed will be toxic for yeast,
therefore I don't believe that we could recover the colonies after induction
by plating on Gal media.

If this is a trivial question, please forgive my ignorance.

--Mark

Mark T. Worthington

---

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net