Help on negative selection systems

Joaquin Royo joaquin.royo at uah.es
Thu May 23 02:23:13 EST 2002

Hi, could anybody send me references concerning negative selection systems in yeast?. I am currently thinking about a project involving mutagenesis of a transcriptional factor from plants. My idea is to generate mutants and introduce them into yeast together with the target promoter (I already know that the intact transcription factor is working fine in S. cerevisae directing the expression of a reporter gene under the control of that promoter). This promoter could be controlling a gene that is not fine for the yeast so that only the loss of function mutants will be able to grow. Any suggestions and information will be highly appreciated.
Thank you in advance,

Joaquin Royo
Dpto. Biologia Celular y Genetica
Univ. Alcala