need strains for mapping mitochondrial DNA mutations

Paul Kirchman pkirchma at fau.edu
Thu May 16 10:30:17 EST 2002

> > Does anyone know where I can get stains to complement respiratory
> > deficiency due to mutations in mitochondrial DNA?  Thanks.
> >
> > Paul Kirchman
> > Florida Atlantic University
> > pkirchma at fau.edu
>
> Are you asking for a wild type strain?  Could you complement with a ARS-CEN
> mitochondrial DNA library?
>

> Martin Hirst

No, I don't think that you can complement mitochondrial DNA mutations
with cen-ars plasmids, which would be in the nucleus.  I am looking
for strains that contain known mutations of mitochondrial DNA (ie.
cox1, atp8) that can be mated with my strain to complement respiratory
defeciency.  ATCC has a few (cox2, cox3, atp6, cob), but I would also
need atp9, cox1, atp8, var1, and possibly others.

pkirchma at fau.edu

---

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net