weird S. pombe phenotype

Isabelle Tratner isabelle.tratner at curie.u-psud.fr
Mon May 13 05:30:49 EST 2002

I have a weird overexpression phenotype in S. pombe and I would like to link
it to mutants
or other overexpression. I have never seen it in the litterature. The cells
show either an
abnormal chromosome segregation or a swollen nucleus and in some cases the
cell seems
to get out from its envelop, always at the center of the cell (were septum
would be
expected) and always DNA expelled first. Has anybody seen that, in "real" or
in the
litterature? (photos included).

--
Isabelle Tratner