Zeocin and S. cerevisiae ...

Daniel Omar Espinoza despinoza at rics.bwh.harvard.edu
Thu May 9 15:33:51 EST 2002

Hi,
I would like to ask if anybody had good results using Zeocin in S.
cerevisiae, and at what concentrations. I used synthetic liquid media
and tried [Zeocin] from 0 to 500 ug/ml. The only concentration useful
(were untransformed yeast didn't grow) seems to be 500ug/ml. Next, I
transformed my strain with a Zeocin plasmid and plated it on synthetic
medium + 500ug/ml Zeo. Now they don't seem to grow under these
conditions (plates contain YNB + aa dropout mixture + 2% gluocose + 1M
srobitol). From what I found, people use from 100 to 300ug/ml, but my
strain grows at 300ug without any plasmid.

Any help/suggestions are welcome.
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,

Daniel Espinoza.