strange behavior

jenny ross jennyr at physics.ucsb.edu
Mon Jan 28 20:11:12 EST 2002

Hi, I was wondering if any of you has ever seen a phenotype that I can
only describe as clumping.  The yeast that I have mutated grow slowly,
and grow in large clumps - almost as if daughter cells don't detatch
from mother cells.  The clumps can get very large - even be macroscopic
in the culture flask.  The yeast are not a strange shape nor have other
obvious structural change that might point to problems in the
cytoskeleton.  If fact they are perfectly round, and happy, except
having a longer doubling period.  If anyone has seen this phenotype
before or could point me to a source where different mutations and
corresponding phenotypes are listed, I would be very greatful.

thank you,
Jenny Ross

UCSB Physics Dept

jennyr at physics.ucsb.edu