pombe xfmn

SLF notmyaddress at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 7 10:49:29 EST 2002

>  I'm looking for a high efficiency transformation method for use with the pombe mutant spc1/sty1.
>
> I have tried electroporation, but am aware from previous experience that the transformation efficiency in this strain is around 10% against wild type.
>
> I have also tried lithium acetate, but the 42 degree heat shock tends to kill spc1!!
>
> Does anyone have any ideas or novel transformation protocols?

the third option is protoplast transformation.  It's tedious, but may work in this case.
You may have to tinker with the protocols to get them to work with the strain if it's fussy.

Protocols for all three methods are available on our website at
http://pingu.salk.edu/~forsburg/tfmn.html

If you are new to pombe, you might want to check out our pombe FAQ at
http://pingu.salk.edu/~forsburg/FAQ.html

Good luck!

--
-susan

Help me raise money for leukemia research!
http://pingu.salk.edu/~forsburg/TNT.html

:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;
Use the one below, replacing AT with @
S L Forsburg, PhD  Associate Professor