SGD: Sequence retrieval error alert

anand at genome.stanford.edu anand at genome.stanford.edu
Tue Sep 18 17:07:20 EST 2001

Dear Yeast Colleague,

        SGD (Saccharomyces Genome Database) is writing to alert you of
a problem that we just identified with our 'Gene/Sequence Resources'
tool.  The problem was with a very special and infrequent query.
Specifically, with a small number of the sequence retrieval requests
that were made using the "Coding Sequence of select gene/ORF, (without
introns, without flanking regions)" option in our 'Gene/Sequence
Resources' tool. If you requested the reverse complement DNA sequence
without introns you actually were given the coding sequence and NOT
its reverse complement as requested.

All other sequence retrieval requests using the other options in our
'Gene/Sequence Resources' tool worked appropriately.

We have fixed this problem with our 'Gene/Sequence Resources' tool and
you are welcome to check it out by visiting SGD at:

  http://genome-www2.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/SGD/seqTools

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.  If
you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to e-mail
us at:

  yeast-curator at genome.stanford.edu

Regards,

Anand

Anand Sethuraman Ph. D., Scientific Curator
Saccharomyces Genome Database
Department of Genetics
Stanford University School of Medicine
Stanford, CA 94305-5120