pichia and 96 well plates

Alex Beeser A_Beeser at fccc.edu
Wed Jul 25 17:18:10 EST 2001

  As I have to screen several  (6-10) clones in both mut+/Muts
backgrounds in at least three different media (MM, BMM and BMMY), I
would really like to do the entire screen en masse in 96 well plates
although I'm not sure whether you could aerate the small cultures enough
and keept them at 30 degrees long enough to screen for the best
expressing clones ( I'm using pPICZalpha so I would probably just do dot
blots of the supernatants).  Has anyone succesffuly tried this approach
or another one to prevent me from hogging the incubator with flask after
flask after flask ?  Also has anyone had any dramatic success looking
for "jackpot" integrant clones in that you can get clones that express
far better than those resistant to 1x zeo ?

Thanks in advance

Sandy Beeser

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net