Help! Info regarding Saccharomyces Cereivisiae.

Agnes Li agnesli at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 20 16:59:27 EST 2001

Hello,

I am doing a first year biology experiment on Saccharomyces cerevisiae.

I need some information on the following topics:
--natural habitat
--life cycle
--nutrient or energy source required
--abiotic factors affecting its growth ( the range of these factors that can be tolerated)
--interactions with other organisms in its natural environment
--any laboratory conditons necssary for maintenance of this orgainis.

I apologize for requesting help in such a short notice. My report on this information of my essay is
due on Wednesday.  I have been to various libraries, only to findmost of the information has to do
with genetic experiments on the organism, not on the xperiments affecting its metabolic rate or
growth in a culture.  If you have any informaiton off-hand, or have nay reference sources I can look
into,  I would greatly appreciate the help.  thank you!!!

Thank you for taking your time our of you busy schedule.

Sincerely,
Agnes

---

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net