YFG::URA3

Deborah Field debbie.field at utoronto.ca
Wed Jan 17 13:05:31 EST 2001

Hi Folks,
	  I am working on an essential multi-domain gene. Either of two exclusive
domains are sufficient to maintain vegetative growth.  I have made a URA3
disruption (it's viable) and wish to replace MFG::URA with tagged alleles
in the chromosome. Has anyone had success with a one-step transformation
onto non-selective media followed by replica plating onto FOA? Because of
the multi-domain complementation, I don't want any partial duplications.
Relocation of the tagged genes to another locus is an alternative, I
admit,  but would require more work.

Thanks.

Deborah Field

---