Telomeres in the Big Easy

Arthur J.Lustig alustig at tulane.edu
Tue Dec 4 14:13:54 EST 2001

                Postdoctoral Position Available to Study the Regulation
of Telomere Size

         An NSF funded postdoctoral position is available immediately in
Arthur J. Lustig's laboratory in the Department of Biochemistry at the
Tulane University Health Sciences Center in New Orleans.  Candidates
should have a recent Ph.D. and must have a strong background in genetics
and molecular biology.

        Our studies on telomere size regulation in the yeast
Saccharomyces cerevisiae focus on two areas.  First, we have been
investigating the regulation of a novel recombinational mechanism of
telomere size control using a combination of genetic and physical
assays.  Second, we are conducting a study on the assembly and
disassembly of the telomere size machinery in yeast.

     Highly motivated candidates are encouraged to submit their
curriculum vitae to the address listed below.  Candidates are also
welcome to visit our Departmental web page at
http://www.tulane.edu/~biochem.

--
Arthur J. Lustig, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Biochemistry
Tulane University Health Sciences Center
1430 Tulane Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70112
phone: 504-584-3688
fax: 504-584-2739