Color Selection of MET15 on Synthetic Media?

Edward M.Carlin emc22 at drexel.edu
Fri Aug 24 12:18:44 EST 2001

To Any with experience using the MET15 color-selection scheme:

I am currently working on a synthetic lethal screen utilizing the MET15
color selectable marker.  The media which I am using is a deriviative of the
MLA (modified lead acetate) recipe.  However, I was wondering if anyone knew
of a recipe for synthetic media (e.g. for selection metabolic markers) that
used lead.  Currently, it seems that the lead readily precipitates out of
the normal synthetic media recipe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed