polyclonal antibodies

Peter Mastrangelo peter.mastrangelo at utoronto.ca
Wed Aug 8 13:19:19 EST 2001

Dear yeasters,

I have often found that polyclonal antibody preparations that are not yet
affinity purified cross-react non-specifically to yeast lysates.  I have
always thought this was due to the fact that the animals from which this
antibodies was raised had antibodies against yeast naturally as part of
their immunogical defence system.  Does anybody out there know of a
reference I could sight to support this view?

Thanks,

Peter
Peter Mastrangelo, Ph. D.,
Centre for Research in Neurodegenerative Disease,
Tanz Neuroscience Bldg.,
University of Toronto,
6 Queen's Park Cres. West,
Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
M5S 3H2

e-mail: peter.mastrangelo at utoronto.ca
tele: (416)978-3408/(416)978-8908/(416)978-8975
FAX: (416)978-1878

---

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net